Benefits of Gajakesari yoga
The word Gajakesari means Gaja for Elephant, and Kesari means Lion. Both Elephant and Lion are powerful and represent authority and intelligence. People with Gaja Kesari Yoga seek good wealth, courage, respect from others and are generally good speakers. Gajakesari yoga in Vedic astrology is a combination of Moon and Jupiter. This yoga forms when Jupiter is in Kendra sthana (1st, 4th, 7th, or 10th house) from the Moon.
Gajakesari Yoga: Explanation
- Planet Jupiter in Kendra sthan from Moon
- Jupiter should not be aspected by Malefic planet(s)
- Jupiter should not be in a retrograde state (moving backward)
Gaj Kesari Yoga: Important planetary combinations
Apart from the above three points, consider the following for Gaj Kesari Yoga:
- Moon should not be present in the 6th, 8th & 12th houses.
- In Navamsa, Moon & Jupiter should not fall in signs, which are present in the 6th, 8th & 12th house in the main natal birth chart (D-1).
- The Moon should be at least four houses away from the Sun.
- Moon should not be in Scorpio.
- Gaja Kesari Yoga should not be formed in Makara as Jupiter acts debilitated in Makara Rashi.
- If Jupiter or Moon is in Pushkar Navamsa or Bhag, the good results of Gajakesari will increase significantly.