Significance of Sharad Navratri
Who doesn’t want success in his life? Well, it is desired by all. To remain at the receiving end of success, it is very important that you work hard and have the abundant blessings of Gods and Goddesses in your life. Many times people do not see the face of success despite working hard because they lack the blessings of the deities in their life. In such a situation, this holy time of Navratri is considered to be the most appropriate to get the blessings of Maa Durga, because during this time Maa Durga visits Earth for a period of nine days.
In such a situation, it is believed that during Navratri, whoever takes care of things like fasting and worship, cleanliness, eating sattvik food, not getting angry, etc. attain her benediction easily.
Not only this, by worshiping the nine different incarnations of Maa Durga during Sharad Navratri, one also gets auspicious results with regards to the planets present in the horoscope. So, let us know which planets of the horoscope can be strengthened by worshiping which Goddess as per the Navaratri days and also know the importance of different colors during the nine days of Navratri.
Rules to Light the Akhand Jyot
During the pious period of nine-day-long Navratri celebrations, the Akhand Jyot or the holy flame needs to be lit continuously. During this time, special care should be taken that this flame should not be extinguished even by mistake, nor should it ever be left alone. It is said that by lighting the Akhand Jyot during Navratri, Goddess Durga is pleased and she goes on to give desirable results to the person. Apart from this, take special care that the Akhand Jyot should always be lit only with pure cow Ghee. However, if there is no pure cow Ghee, then you can also light an Akhand Jyot with normal oil.
Additionally, it is believed that by lighting this, happiness, peace, and prosperity enter the household, and at the same time all that a person desires turn into a reality. Thus, the Akhand Jyot is lit during the Ghasthapand and kept the same all throughout the nine days and according to the rules, there is a provision to preserve the Akhand Jyot for the 9 days of Navratri.
Here are some additional rules to keep in mind!
- The Akhand Jyot should be placed on the right side of the Goddess’s picture or idol. However, if you are lighting it with oil, then keep it on the left side of the Goddess’s picture or idol.
- Apart from this, since the north-eastern direction of the house is considered to be the place of deities, therefore it is always auspicious to keep the Akhand Jyot in this direction.
- Take special care that you do not change the wick of the Akhand Jyot repeatedly.
Shubh Yogas During Navratri
We will now tell our readers what makes this Navratri even more special and precious. Let us now tell you that certain auspicious and fruitful yogas are going to get formed during this time. Let us find out about them.
- Vaidhriti Yoga is being formed on the first day of Navratri.
- Ravi Yoga is being formed on the second day of Navratri.
- Ravi Yoga is also being formed on the third day of Navratri.
- During the fourth day of Navratri, conjunction of Saubhagya Yoga and Ravi Yoga is being formed.
- On the fifth day of Navratri, Ravi Yoga and Saubhagya Yoga are being formed.
- The auspicious conjunction of Shobhan and Ravi Yoga on the sixth day of Navratri is adding to the importance of this day.
- Sukarma Yoga is being formed on the seventh day of Navratri.
- Ravi Yoga is being formed on the eighth day of Navratri.
- Ravi Yoga is being formed on the ninth day of Navratri.