Hanuman Jayanti 2021
Hanuman Jayanti is celebrated twice a year. The first celebration will take place on Tuesday, 27 April 2021. Those who are not aware of this should know that the first Hanuman Jayanti to be celebrated in a year is celebrated during Chaitra Shukla Purnima, which usually falls during the month of March or April, as per the Gregorian Calendar.
The second one is observed during Kartik month’s Krishna Chaturdashi, which also coincides with the festival of Narak Chaturdashi, which usually arrives in the month of September or October.
Now, let us take a look at the Puja Vidhi of Hanuman Jayanti, which are mentioned below.
- On the day of Hanuman Jayanti, wake up early in the morning and eulogize Goddess Sita, Lord Shree Rama, and of course Lord Hanuman.
- Take a holy bath after waking up early in the morning and take an oath to observe the Hanuman Jayanti fast.
- Afterward, establish the idol of Lord Hanuman in the eastern direction of your house. Keep in mind that the idol is of Lord Hanuman in a standing posture.
- Afterward, pay reverse to the Lord with a devoted heart and mind and chant this Mantra. “ॐ हं हनुमते नमः।/ oṃ haṃ hanumate namaḥ
- Do not forget to offer vermilion to the Lord while commemorating the puja rituals.
- You can also offer Paan to the mighty lord.
- Seeking health, wealth, and prosperity for your household, offer sweets(Imarti) to the Lord as it is considered to be very auspicious.
- It is also considered extremely auspicious and fruitful to recite the Sundar Kaand Paath and the Hanuman Chalisa from the Ramcharitmanas on the occasion of Hanuman Jayanti.
- Lastly, perform the Aarti of Lord Hanuman and then distribute prasad of jaggery and gram(chana).